Terms and Conditions
1. Terms of website use
- References to you or your means you and, if you use the site or submit any Content (defined in paragraph 7.1 below) on behalf of your employer or another entity, then this includes that employer or entity.
2. Accessing the site
- Access to the site is permitted on a temporary basis, and Cquestrate Limited reserves the right to withdraw or amend the service provided on the site without notice (see below). Cquestrate Limited will not be liable if for any reason the site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
- The website HTML, text, images audio, video, software or other content that is made available on this website are the property of someone – the author in the case of content produced elsewhere and reproduced here with permission, or Cquestrate Limited or its content suppliers. Before you use this content in some way please take care to ensure that you have the relevant rights and permissions from the copyright holder.
- You may display on your computer, download and print pages from this website provided:
- the content is only used for personal, educational and non-commercial use;
- the authors of material on the site must always be acknowledged; and
- you must retain copyright and other notices on any copies or printouts you make.
- Certain materials available on this site are “open source” materials subject to the GNU General Public License (“GPL”) or other open source licence and are so marked – use of those materials is governed by the individual applicable licence.
- You acknowledge and agree that all trademarks, logos and service marks (“Marks”) displayed on the site are the property of their owners, whether Cquestrate Limited or third parties.
- We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the site. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to the site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
- We value your privacy and will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information.
- We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data and personal information (including email address) is not distributed to any third party.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received you information we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
6. Contributions from site visitors
- Any comment features, chat rooms, forums, and/or news groups or other areas of user input may be made available to you on the site from time to time.
- You may use the site only for lawful purposes. You may not use the site:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with the content standards set out in paragraph 8 below;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); or
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- You also agree:
- not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of the site or its Content in contravention of the provisions of these terms of website use; and
- not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of the site;
- any equipment or network on which the site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
- Any information disclosed on the site becomes public information. Please exercise caution when deciding to disclose any personal information on the site.
- You agree to comply with the contributor guidelines below.
7. Content on the site
- You understand that all information (such as data files, written text, computer software, music, audio files or other sounds, photographs, videos or other images) which you may have access to as part of, or through your use of, the site are the sole responsibility of the person from which such content originated. All such information is referred to below as Content.
- Cquestrate Limited reserves the right (but shall have no obligation) to pre-screen, review, flag, filter, modify, refuse or remove any or all Content from any part of the site.
- You understand that by using the site you may be exposed to Content that you may find offensive or objectionable and that, in this respect, you use the site at your own risk.
- You agree that you are solely responsible for (and that we have no responsibility to you or to any third party for) any Content that you create (referred to below as Your Content), transmit or display while using the site and for the consequences of your actions (including any loss or damage which we may suffer) by doing so.
- By submitting Your Content to the site, you are requesting that Cquestrate Limited uploads Your Content to the site with the intention that it is made available to end users.
- You may request that we withdraw any of Your Content from the site but this will be at our sole discretion.
- You acknowledge that all posts made to the site express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or web-master (except for posts by these people) and Cquestrate Limited will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of the site.
- Whenever you submit Your Content or make contact with other users of the site, you must comply with the content standards set out in paragraph 8 below.
8. Content standards
- These content standards apply to any and all of Your Content which you contribute to the site or to any interactive services associated with it. You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any of Your Content as well as to its whole.
- Your Content must:
- be accurate (where it states facts);
- be genuinely held (where it states opinions);
- comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which it is posted.
- Your Content must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
- contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- promote sexually explicit material;
- promote violence;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- promote any illegal activity;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that it emanates from us, if this is not the case; or
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
9. Links to other websites
- This website may contain links to other websites and resources. The links are provided for convenience only and Cquestrate Limited is not responsible for the content of any linked websites.
- The inclusion of any link to a website does not imply endorsement by Cquestrate Limited of the website or their entities, products or services.
- Content posted on the site is not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. Cquestrate Limited therefore disclaims all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such Content by any visitor to the site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
- The views expressed in Content on the site are those of third parties and are not necessarily the views of Cquestrate Limited.
- To the extent permitted by law, Cquestrate Limited and connected third parties hereby expressly exclude:
- all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity; and
- any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and
- for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
- This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law
12. Jurisdiction and applicable law
13. General legal terms
14. Your concerns
If you have any concerns about Content which appears on our site, please contact Cquestrate Limited via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for visiting our site.
- Be respectful of all others at all times. Discussion and debate is fine as long as it’s productive.
- Please remember that these forums are inclusive of ALL people, and we strive to maintain accessibility to everyone.
- Please keep discussions on topic.
- If a post or thread contains spam (unsolicited advertising) it will be removed. Active users in good standing are allowed to have links to personal sites in their signatures, in their profile, and may post them in threads on occasion (just not often, please) as long as the content of those links does not include abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated material or any other material that may violate any applicable laws (including, but not limited to, copyright material).
- Adult Content/Violence/Illegal Activity: Messages containing sexually oriented/violent/illegal dialogue, images, content, or links to these things will be deleted. Messages with links to or suggesting illegal activity will also be deleted.
- Please try to communicate with other users as effectively as possible:
- Please try to write your posts in English. We welcome contributions from many different countries but English is the common language of this website.
- When writing a post, please space paragraphs with a blank line in between them for better readability.
- Please do not write posts in all uppercase letters, as it looks like you’re shouting.
- Please explain (or provide a link to an explanation of) any particularly obtuse jargon.
- Please use acronyms and abbreviations moderately so people can read and understand your posts more easily.
- Typos and other errors can cause miscommunication between users on the forums, please check your text before posting.
- Please be prudent in your use of images, video or other media; they may help to explain something more clearly but you have to remember that not everyone has the same bandwidth. If an image is the best way of handling the information, please keep your image to less than 100kb.
- The web-master, administrators and moderators of this forum will preserve content when possible. However editing, locking and deleting content may be necessary and if so will be done at the discretion of the web-master, administrators and moderators when the forum code of conduct has been violated.
- Please note this code of conduct is likely to change and evolve with constructive feedback from users and from experience. It is our hope that these policies will create open, honest, and civil discussion. As always, we welcome feedback about any concerns that you may have so feel free to post in the forum feedback section of the forums. It is the users’ responsibility to check this page for updates.